2018 Climate and Diversity Conference Able, Active, and Adaptive
Texas A&M University’s Department of Health and Kinesiology’s Climate & Diversity Committee is excited to announce its second annual Able, Active, and Adaptive Climate and Diversity Conference. This conference seeks to promote the inclusion of, and support for, individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities or disorders in enhancing their capabilities.
HLKN Diversity Committee utilizes an established set of criteria during its review of proposals. This includes, but is not limited to, the overall quality of the proposal and relevance to the committee’s mission; stature of the speakers within the industry; appeal to general audience.
This year’s conference focus is dedicated to educating the community about adaptive processes, activities, products, services and organizations for a healthy lifestyle and optimal quality of life. This conference seeks academic and practical presentations and exhibits that meet the current interests and needs of individuals and groups with physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Promote activity for people of all ages and abilities
- Engage the community in demonstrations and experiences
- Launch community involvement by introducing participants to program coaches
- Discuss how to create and adapt programs for individuals with disabilities
- Connect academics, practitioners, organizations, and students for research and service opportunities